Sleep is essential for any child, especially newborn. You need to have a proper sleeping space for your child that should be safe and comfortable. When looking for a good quality baby mattress, safety comes at number one, followed by comfort.
It is pertinent to mention that not all crib mattresses are the same. Some come with comfort, while others may be costly. You need to check all elements when looking for the best bed for a baby in Singapore. The most common type is:
- The Double-Sided Mattress: As the name indicates, this type is for both toddler and baby. The sides of the mattress are so designed that one side is softer and firmer, especially for newborn and the other side is cushiony for the toddler. Such beds are said to be long lasting and save your money in the long run.
- The Breathable Mattress: This type of mattress is made with breathable materials. Since babies preferably sleep in their backs, thus they require unique and more breathing space while sleeping. This means there is a different and additional regulatory system for the body.
Buying the best baby mattress:
So there are certain things that you need to check before finalizing a baby mattress:
- Look for the quality: This is an essential question to ask when looking for a baby mattress. Will the bed you are going to buy stands with time? A child will spend a considerable amount of time in the crib. Thus he/she needs a more calm and comfortable sleep. Will that mattress be of utmost quality in terms of restful sleep?
- The money matters: Yes, another essential thing to consider. Do you have that amount of money to spend on purchasing that particular mattress? Indeed, crib mattresses comparatively sleep and don’t require fixing, yet these could be expensive. So you need to check your budget.
- The perfect size: The baby mattress has to be firm, which means it should not be hard. The fitting of the bed should also be perfect, so it prevents any injury to the child. If the mattress is not firm or fit, it means it can be harmful to the child.
- The cover of the mattress: The cover protects the mattress from getting dirty and messy. You can easily hand clean the surface or wash it in the washing machine. At the same time, the cover also allows better breathing to the baby during sleep.
In the language of medical practitioners, you need to have safe sleep practices and habits for ensuring risks of lousy sleep. Always make sure a child sleeps on his/her back and without blankets, bed accessories or pillow. The best place for a child to sleep is a crib. When you buy a mattress for a crib, make sure you buy a mattress designed especially for a crib. It should be firm, with perfect sitting, so the baby’s body is comfortable on it. There should not be any gap between the frame of the crib and mattress because it can be harmful to a child.
Next time you look for a new baby mattress, read all the essential parameters and make a final decision.